Saturday, April 13, 2013

Moving in the Matrix!

     "The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know."  Most of you have probably heard that quote before.  I have no idea who said it, but it has never rung more true than it does for me at this moment.  I am NOT technology illiterate.  Teachers in my building come to me when they have questions.  Our technology director comes to me whenever he wants a teacher to try something new.  My students expect to use computers throughout the year in my classroom.  I obviously, however, have a ways to go.  Now, in my defense, I'm not 1:1 yet.  Next year all of our students will have iPads which will move me further along in the matrix.  I'm ready to take baby steps and try at least one assignment that is student driven and see how it goes.  I hope that when all of my students have a device in their hands, that I'll be able to try at least one unit that is goal-directed and progress from there.  I would love to eventually figure out how to meet the Transformation box requirements, while still meeting the Common Core requirements.  I doubt that will happen completely next year, but I plan on trying.  For now, I'll probably coast these last few weeks within my Active Adaptation box, while planning bigger things for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment