Saturday, May 11, 2013

Curating on Campus

Even though our topic of discussion was supposed to include a curation tool that was used by one of our classmates, all of our classmates (besides me so far) chose to use Symbaloo, a tool I've already used.  Therefore, I'd like to focus on My Big Campus.  Although I'm not totally unfamiliar with MBC, I haven't actually used the bundle feature with students yet.  For next year, I'd like to use the bundle feature to curate resources to go with whatever unit we are studying at the time, but I'd also like to experiment with it in one of our rotation periods.  For that class, I could easily allow more freedom and student choice.  I'm hoping that I can set my bundles up in a format similar to our Blended/Online Learning course and have students work through different modules.  Each module could be open-ended, allowing for the students to learn to use digital tools through subjects of their own choosing.

1 comment:

  1. Pam,
    You will absolutely love MBC bundles! As a tech leader in your building, you may also find it easy to use them for your teachers. I've used them a couple of times to do trainings and meetings. The teachers have learned the new content as well as seen how easy MBC is to use (bundles included).
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete